Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 6, 2012

{thirsty thursday} pumpkin beer


Pumpkin Beer is Here!


That’s right folks, some of the most fun seasonal brews are hitting store shelves and restaurant taps everywhere. This weekend on our educational visit to Whole Foods, I snapped a picture of this lovely little display and couldn’t be more excited.

There are about a million pumpkin beers out there, so here is a quick list of some of my favorites:

Hardywood Pumpkin Saison (not available yet)


I would absolutely love to try one of these mixed with booze to make a pumpkin beer cocktail. I know "beertails" are a thing now, so if any mixologists are reading this and want to send a recipe, I would be more than happy to share it on the thirstyrichmond facebook page after sampling it, of course.

I am thinking something like this recipe from The Beerista.
1 part Pumpkin Beer
1 part Tart Apple Cider
Splash Ginger Liqueur
Scoop Pumpkin Puree

Don't you love the measurements? Check the site for mixing instructions. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. We went to Cap Ale Innsbrook last week and they had the Boxcar there on tap. The bartender made me a sample of the Boxcar with a little Cider in it and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I'm talkin bout! Sounds perfect.

      Delete