Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

{beercakes} buffalo bill’s orange blossom cream ale


When I started my beer baking experiments, I was basically just trying to clean out my fridge. The only beers I bought specifically to bake with were Hardywood Strawberry and Blackberry. But, on a recent trip down the craft beer aisle, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to grab a six pack of Buffalo Bill’s Orange Blossom Cream Ale. This California brew seemed like it was made to be baked in a cupcake.
 
The cupcake turned out moist and dense as per usual with a beercake. Some of the creaminess of the beer came through, but I think in future batches I will put some orange zest directly in the batter to give them a little more zing.
 
I filled this batch with vanilla butter cream frosting. I used one of my decorating tips to pull out a little bit of the center and piped in the frosting. That left me with a handful of cupcake holes and it was very tempting not to eat them all. I topped them with an orange butter cream and voilá, a beercake six pack!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my... I think this looks like your best beercake yet! Yum... looks like a creamsicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! They turned out really great. Will have to stock pile this beer since it is seasonal...

      Delete
  2. Such as cute idea! Love it. I bet Hardywood's blackberry would be perfect, too.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete