Pages - Menu

Thursday, June 7, 2012

don’t look back


I was feeling like a whale after a weekend of nonstop eating, but instead of going to the gym, I convinced Evan to ride bikes……to dinner.

Don’t Look Back (2929 W Cary St) is the new brick and mortar location of Nate’s Taco Truck. It is right across Cary Street from New York Deli and serves up tacos, burritos and a handful of small plates.

We started with margaritas ($4 at happy hour) chips and salsa ($2) and a chicken taquito ($1).

And then it was time for tacos.

I had read this review by Liz of I Heart Vegetables and said that I would go out of my comfort zone and order the TVP taco. TVP stands for textured vegetable protein. I know what you are thinking, gross, right? It actually was really good. I liked it better than the beef taco that I ordered.

Evan ordered his tacos gringo style, with cheese, lettuce and sour cream. He had the chorizo and the shredded pork. We were presented with the wall-o-hot sauce, but politely declined. That seemed a little intense. Luckily, the tacos had good flavor sans hot sauce and I finally came to the conclusion that everything tastes better with sour cream.

The bike ride home may not have cancelled out all the calories from those margaritas and tortilla chips, but I decided it would be better if I Don’t Look Back! (Sorry that was a really really bad joke. I just couldn’t resist.)

Don’T Look Back on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Aww, it's fun knowing someone actually read my review! haha

    Aren't those TVP tacos good?! I know, textured vegetable protein doesn't sound that great, but they're delish!

    SO good meeting you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly would never had tried a TVP taco had I not read your review. I didn't even know what TVP was! I was pleasantly surprised that it was very good.

      Great to meet you as well. Sorry, again, for crashing the party early. :)

      Delete