Pages - Menu

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Q barbeque

Last year, Evan and I went on a barbeque bus tour. We sampled barbeque at five of Richmond’s best barbeque spots and were very very full. Every place we visited was good, but one was our clear favorite. That place was Q Barbeque (1070 Virginia Center Pkwy, Glen Allen).

With family from a Northern state visiting, we were in the market for a casual eatery, affordably priced, that would impress our Yankee guests. Q was it.

I think that I am literally addicted to their hushpuppies. They are heavy on onion flavor and perfectly fried, crispy on the outside and cake-like on the inside. I could eat a plate of these by themselves if I wasn’t worried about offending the barbeque.

I had pulled pork and the rest of my crew had ribs. I got a gold star for being the cleanest at the end of the meal. I know that I don’t need an excuse to eat good barbeque, but it is always a little more fun when you get to be the one who takes people to a place like Q. It wins you big points!


Fun fact: If you have the time and creativity, you may want to enter their t-shirt slogan contest. Simply finish this sentence and you could end up with your line on their t-shirts and their website. “Barbeque so good that…..” Enter here.
Q Barbeque on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment