Pages - Menu

Thursday, April 19, 2012

s@mple

We loved everything we ordered at s@mple (1 N Morris St). I don’t know why, but I was surprised. Not that I went there with the thought that I wouldn’t like it, but I wasn’t prepared to enjoy it as much as I did.
 
Evan and I shared three small plates, the Grilled Shrimp Kebab, Fraternal Twin Burgers and the Dark Chocolate Sunday for dessert. The shrimp came with a chimichurri sauce that made me wish for more things to dip in it, the burger with onion rings and a fried egg was decadent and the Sunday came with burnt marshmallows that made me wish I was sitting by a fire pit. Each dish had a unique and memorable ingredient that made the dish go from good to great.
 
My cocktail was another perfect example of this. I had a blueberry mojito with real muddled blueberries. It was a great twist on a classic drink.
 
 
Sadly, I don’t know that other people have learned enough about this place to put it on their radar. I think marketing it as an internet café is almost a hindrance. The food was so good that I can’t imagine eating it while surfing on my laptop. They would be better off encouraging groups to come and share a small plate which is not something you think to do at a techie place. Food this good deserves your undivided attention.
S@Mple on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment