Pages - Menu

Saturday, March 3, 2012

pie

Somehow I found myself at pie (214 N Lombardy St). We went to the upstairs bar and were served by a very friendly bartender. It turns out he is actually a server from Morton’s Steakhouse who was filling in for a friend. Most of the staff at Pie works at fine dining restaurants around the city and pick up bartending shifts for a fun side job. So contrary to what you may think is going on at this little dive bar, you are actually being served by some of the most experienced service staff that Richmond has to offer.

I wasn’t there for the food. I was in need of a beverage. It was National Margarita Day and that was on my mind. I asked for one and the bartender asked me if I wanted it “Golden”. If you are like me and have never heard of this before, ordering a Margarita “Golden” means with a splash of orange juice.

(**Side note: it is ridiculous that National Margarita Day occurs in February and nobody knows about it. I might consider putting up flags next year.)

Absolutely, I wanted a Golden Margarita!

It was delicious.

We broke down and ordered a pizza. I chose the Spicy Squash. It had mozzarella, ricotta, squash, walnuts and red pepper flakes. It was not the best pizza I had ever had. It needed sauce, but all the other pizzas that I saw coming up looked amazing, so I think I just picked wrong. I would definitely come back to try something else…as long as it came with another Golden Margarita.
Pie on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Omg I did not know today was margarita day! It is my favorite drink but dear god, don't let anyone put orange juice or sour mix in it! This is my huge pet peeve with bartenders that cannot make a proper margarita

    ReplyDelete
  2. He asked if I wanted OJ as an option, so I am pretty sure he knew that it is not the correct mix. I am usually a classic on the rocks with salt kind of girl, but sometimes you gotta mix it up :)

    ReplyDelete