Pages - Menu

Friday, March 2, 2012

olio

I had a religious experience at Olio (2001 W Main St). No they didn’t dunk me in a tub of water.  I had the best sandwich I have ever eaten. I can’t believe that every Richmond food blogger doesn’t lose their minds over Olio. I know that is a bold statement, but I stand by it. Why do people not go crazy over this place?

I ordered the “Italian Picnic”, house-roasted turkey, granny-smith apple, fig jam and tangy Tallegio cheese with a garlic aioli spread on a baguette. The baguette was surprisingly soft and the perfect bread for this sandwich. Everything just worked.

Their sandwich menu is pretty unreal. Someone on foursquare said something to the effect of “you could close your eyes and point to something on their menu and it will be amazing.” I agree.

I will be back very very soon and plan to order one of the following:

Le Fromage – provolone, Swiss, cheddar, garlic aioli, balsamic, red peppers, basil & roasted tomatoes baked on ciabatta

The Spanish Garden – grilled zucchini, roasted eggplant, roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, greens & tangy Tallegio cheese on ciabatta

Wild-Caught Salmon - Roasted with garlic aioli spread, greens & roasted tomatoes presented on crisp ciabatta

Or I might just have to reorder the Italian Picnic….

Olio (Downtown location) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment