Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

devil’s backbone brewery tour

I was very lucky to be invited on a tour of the new Outpost Brewery for Devil’s Backbone Brewing Company in Lexington, VA. It was a long ride, but worth it to see the space before it is officially open to the public. DB will be opening their new taproom in March of this year in a building that broke ground just months ago. They were still putting the finishing touches on their space, like a door to the ladies room. But even without a door (or a sink), it was still an impressive space. We tasted the Vienna Lager and the 8 Point I.P.A. which you can currently find on many a Taste the Local drafts around town. Both are great beers.

After our tasting and tour, we headed to their Brew Pub in Roseland, VA which is not close by any means. It was a considerable ride considering that I had had a few beers and was getting antsy. But, we made it and were seated in an enclosed patio space by a burning fire. They even had blankets on the chairs for snuggling. (Not that I was snuggling since I was ravenous and with coworkers.)

Don’t ask me why, but I was doing a meatless Monday thing, so I had the Hummus and Vegetable platter and Butternut Squash Bisque. Hummus was hummus and veggies were veggies, but the soup was bowl lick-able. It was just what I needed. Everyone around me was having delicious sandwiches like the DB Turkey Reuben and Rob’s Bonedipper, beef brisket, bacon, Muenster cheese on Ciabatta. What are you gonna do?

It was a good trip, even though it was sooooo far away, but definitely worth a stop if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment