Pages - Menu

Thursday, July 19, 2012

{craving} pizza, the kind with cheese on it



I don’t know if you have noticed a theme with my {craving} posts and not that I use those cool brackets that I stole from a design blog that I read, but that I pretty much am always craving junk food.

Seriously, would you believe me if I told you I was craving quinoa? Because most people don’t even know what quinoa is and if you do know what it is, you probably aren’t craving it unless you are a crazy person. (Apologies to any crazy person who reads this blog and actually craves quinoa, because I really don’t want to offend any of my six readers. I love quinoa, I just don’t crave it. Ok, I am lying, I don’t love quinoa, but I do eat it on occasion.)

I digress. Today I am absolutely craving pizza, but I do have a problem when eating pizza and it is not the calories. It is my inability to wait past the burn your mouth moment in a pizza’s lifecycle. I will burn my mouth on pizza in every scenario with almost no exceptions.

Example A: Pizza Tonight at the Farmer’s Market, burned my mouth on the fig and pig pizza this Saturday, was still recovering on Tuesday.
Example B: Sette, burned my mouth on every slice I have ever eaten from here.
Example C: Tarrant’s, burned my mouth on every slice I have ever eaten from here.
Example D: Bottom’s Up, burned my mouth on every slice I have ever eaten from here.
Example E: Bellytimber, burned my mouth on every slice I have ever eaten from here. 
Example F: Mary Angela’s, burned my mouth on every slice I have ever eaten from here.

Ok, I am not really listing examples, I am just listing my favorite pizza places in Richmond. But I will say with certainty that I have burned my mouth on all aforementioned pizzas.

There is a new pizza place in town that I have heard is going to be good. Anthony’s on the Hill. I heard this from a reliable chef source, at least he looked reliable and he is a chef. I don’t really know him, so if it sucks it is his fault. I am very doubtful that it is going to suck, but I am certain that I will burn my mouth on it.

4 comments:

  1. Pizza is definitely something I crave on a regular basis... I don't eat it on a regular basis, but I do crave it often. Good luck not burning your mouth :) I love eating my pizza after it's cooled for a good twenty minutes; not cold but not hot... just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lose all self control when a pizza is sitting in front of me. I try not to eat it all the time mostly because of the burns...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pineapple pizza is also one of my favorites!!! That is what I get at Bottom's Up, too.

      Delete