Pages - Menu

Friday, July 20, 2012

balliceaux



You have probably heard the saying, “beer before liquor, never been sicker”. Well, in my case, “beer mixed with liquor, never get to sleep because of a guilt induced panic attack”. It doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, but it is completely what happened to me on Monday.

You see, the Richmond Beer Lovers were hosting an event featuring a cask of the Hardywood Park Virginia Strawberry Witbeir at Balliceaux. I did not RSVP to this event, but I did show up.

In addition to the beer, they were serving beer cocktails mixed by none other than Richmond mixologist and recent NYC transplant, Bobby Kruger. I had three, one with peaches, one with watermelon and one served in a martini glass that was lit on fire. You know, your typically Monday night, night cap.

Thankfully, Evan drove.

We took home their bombolini pasta with sausage craft dinner entrée and after completely scarfing that down, I passed out.

In the middle of the night I was wide awake. I spent about 45 minutes pinning and then started scrolling through my twitter feed. I came across this tweet from one of the organizers of the event.


 I immediately went in to panic mode. Where we supposed to buy tickets for the event that we crashed? Was there some charity benefiting from this event that I totally stiffed without even knowing it? How would I ever show my face at another Richmond beer event again?

Then somehow I did pass back out fall back asleep, after freaking myself out until 3am.

When I woke up the next morning I realized that 1) I had a serious headache and 2) the tweet was actually asking if we got a parking ticket. I had been bragging all night about how I don’t pay attention to parking signs in the fan and never get a ticket.

In other words, I was up all night feeling guilty about owing the city money for parking illegally. Let this be a lesson.


1 comment: