Monday, June 18, 2012
There are hundreds of restaurants in this town and still, every single time I have been to Kitchen 64 (3336 N Boulevard), I have run into someone that I know. And no, it is not because I am extremely popular and know everyone. It is because it is the kind of place that everyone can go, singles trying to recover from an over served weekend, families looking for a casual bite or friends that want affordable eats in a no fuss space.
And so here are my top 6 reasons why I love Kitchen 64:
1. Mimosa pitchers (period).
2. Parking lot – they have one. Which doesn’t seem like it would be a big deal, but on a day that I really do not feel like driving around to look for a parking spot in the fan, this is clutch.
3. Sweet potato fries – are on the menu and one of my favorite side dishes. No matter how many times I have tried to make them at home, baked, fried or otherwise, it just doesn’t work out.
4. Eggs Benedict. Poached eggs are a semi-new thing for me, so I still get really excited for an eggs breakfast. Usually, I go with a traditional bennie, but if you feel like switching it up a fried green tomato bennie may be just the thing for you.
5. The price – pretty much everything is under $10 which is always a plus, especially when you are coming off an evening that you spent too much a the bar.
6. They keep it casual. You can absolutely eat here in a sassy summer dress and not feel out of place, but when I am in my sunglasses, ponytail, “work-out” pants get-up, I am accepted as well. (When I am not dressed to impress, guaranteed, I will run in to more people I know than if I am dolled up. It is just the nature of the universe.)