Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Lists: The Nagging To Do List

I decided to start posting to this blog again when I started reading “The Happiness Project” by Gretchen Rubin. I am still in the process of reading this, so if there is a chapter at the end about not starting a blog when you have too many things to do, the joke is on me, because I haven’t made it that far. Too busy.

In one of the first chapters, Rubin talks about a task list of things that she is sure will make her happier once it is done. This list is a list of things that have been put off for far too long. I have such a list as I am sure most people do. I call it my “July to dos – the nagging list”. Literally, that is how it is labeled in my Evernote folder on my phone (more on Evernote that later).

I look at it every day and have given myself 1 month to complete all tasks. So far I am proud of my progress, but man if all of this stuff isn’t the bane of my existence.

Here goes:

  • Clean out car
  • Oil change and inspection
  • Paint the dining room
  • New York Life appointment
  • Dermatologist appointment
  • Cancel cable TV
  • Return Comcast equipment
  • Craigslist/Donate items
  • Reorganize clothes closet
  • Consignment drop off
  • Goodwill drop off
  • Sign up for baby classes
  • Schedule hospital tour
  • Cat vet appointments

Nothing on this list is overwhelming in and of itself, but add them together and I am starting to feel a stress headache coming on. I was hoping for a big shot of euphoria with every check mark, but sadly, the rest of the stuff on the list is still haunting me. I hope once the final item is crossed off the list I will have the feeling of winning the lottery. Only time will tell….

Sometimes it feels better just to put it out there. What is on your Nagging To Do List?



No comments:

Post a Comment