Wednesday, April 24, 2013
This week is one of those weeks. Nothing particularly bad has happened, but nothing exceptionally great is going on either. I feel like I need a clean slate, a redo, a start-over. So here are my confessions in hopes that I can break out of this funk and make the rest of this week exceptional.
1. I did not make reservations for Richmond Restaurant Week and am now having a pity party because everywhere I want to go is booked until 8:45pm. I am too old to eat late.
2. I am pissed that I missed The Voice to see Anthony Bourdain talk about absolutely nothing interesting at The Landmark. Read this article (not written by me) to see exactly how I feel.
3. I have been sneaking pretzel M&M’s out of my coworker’s desk when no one is around, but finally broke down and told him…to which he replied, “I know.”
4. I save my favorite workout pants for Fridays because Friday morning cycling is my favorite class. I know that what you wear to workout in has nothing to do with calories burned, but I feel like it makes me work harder when I like my outfit.
5. I told myself that I was going to try my hardest to stay dairy-free this week. On Tuesday, I ordered butternut squash and ricotta ravioli with zucchini and yellow squash ribbons in a sherry cream sauce. It was amazing.
Judge me if you must, or join me. What little secret do you want set free?