Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

what to do with peach puree


Peaches are a plenty at the Farmer’s Markets these days, so I sent Evan on a mission for a bushel. Because there is no way that the two of us could eat an entire bushel of peaches, the plan was to start freezing them before they go bad.

We decided to freeze ours in just one form, puree. Thanks to my Ninja Blender, the puree process was ridiculously easy. Peel, slice, blend.

What are we planning to do with all of this puree, you ask? Well, I have a couple of things in mind...


Peach Cupcakes (Photo credit) – Doesn't this photo make you drool? I am planning to use this peach butter cream frosting on my beer cakes made with I.P.A. I don’t know why I think that I.P.A. and peaches go together, but I can’t get the combo out of my head.

Peach Frozen Yogurt – I don’t have an ice cream maker, but it may be worth it to get one just so I can make this recipe from Sugarlaws blog. I don’t know why it has vodka in it, but I am sold!

Peach Popsicles – One of my favorite Richmond blogs, 17 Apart, just posted about their Peach Yogurt Popsicles. They look absolutely delicious (as does absolutely everything that they post)!

Most Importantly – BELLINIS!!!!!! There is nothing better than a cocktail with real ingredients. I mean, sure, I will drink pear flavored vodka with soda, like it is going out of style, but give me the option of a Bellini with real peach puree and Prosecco and there is just no contest. (Photo credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment